Even the manliest of men need to pamper themselves from time to time. However, instead of going for the usual massage or spa date with your significant other, why not take the time to MANper yourself?
MANpering is luxury retail therapy for men. This is where you can indulge yourself and get exclusive, iconic products, clothing, and accessories that’ll make you feel like a boss. Whether it’s nice clothes, nice accessories, or just having some of the finer things in life, MANpering is the best way to bring out the alpha in any man.
Of course, just because it’s expensive doesn’t mean it’s what you should get. A hefty price tag isn’t the only thing you should be looking for: luxury is all about the understated, the hard-to-find, and the unique. Here are some ideas for your next MANpering session:
(Bespoke) Clothes Maketh a Man
The first step to MANpering is to go out and get you a new set of threads. Sure, you can go to all these fancy brands like Gucci or Armani and get an off-the-rack suit, but real luxury comes from having something unique, something that’s exclusive only to you.
This is why bespoke clothing is one of the ultimate luxury items that any self-respecting Man will invest in. A good tailor will be able to construct an entire outfit that suits (get it?) your personality and represents your taste, not to mention provides you with great advice on how to dress yourself in any kind of situation.
Bling It Up!
From unique jewelry to luxury watches, MANpering yourself means taking care of even the tiniest detail. However, if you decide to go all out and get yourself the best accessories money can buy, remember a few style rules:
- Watches are one of the simplest, but most elegant, accessories a man can have. The right watch will help you exude class and luxury, but only if it fits: make sure you have the right strap for the right occasion (leather straps for both formal and casual affairs; metal bands for strictly formal events) and are perfectly sized for your wrists.
- Bracelets add a subtle, personal touch to your entire ensemble and are a great way to express your creativity. However, wearing too many bracelets can easily overpower your whole outfit, so stick to one or two, three at the very most. Wood or leather bracelets work best in casual or business casual settings, while metal bracelets are best reserved for formal functions.
- If you’re wearing a suit and tie combination, a tie bar is a minimalist accessory that makes a huge impact. Just remember: a tie bar’s proper place is between the 3rd and the 4th button of your shirt, and make sure that the bar itself is no more than half the width of your tie.
- When wearing rings, keep them simple and minimal. No one needs to see rocks on your rings, so keep your wedding band sleek. At most, 2 or 3 rings on each hand is aesthetically pleasing; anymore and it will look too bulky.
- When attending formal events, nothing makes you standout more than cufflinks, which are becoming rarer and rarer as time goes on. Cufflinks are a great way to tie up all your metal accessories together, especially if it follows the same design aesthetic. As with all accessories, cufflinks work best when they’re understated.
Smell Like Success
It’s one thing to look like a million bucks, it’s another to smell like it. Of course, you could slap on any old cologne (or, heaven forbid, body spray *shudders*), but if you’re going to go all out with the luxury, you might as well spend a few thousand pounds on smelling the part too.
Enter the Lalique for Bentley Crystal Edition. We’ve written about the luxury car brand’s foray into men’s fragrances before, but the Crystal Edition takes it up a notch with its gorgeous, sculpted crystal bottled designed specifically for this line of cologne. The Lalique for Bentley Crystal Edition features a distinct combination of scents crafted by esteemed perfumer Mylene Alran of Robertet Perfume house. It’s the perfect accompaniment for any Man who wants to smell like a multi-million dollar success.
Drink the Elixir of the Gods
Now that you’re all dressed up and ready to paint the town red, you need to imbibe in alcohol befitting the classy Man that you are, and nothing says “luxury” more than a bottle of Hennessy Pure White. Long thought to be illegal in the United States, this unique Cognac isn’t actually banned across the pond; for reasons still unknown, the Hennessy Company simply has no plans to sell or distribute this particular product in America.
Renowned for its amber color, delicate notes of vanilla and fresh fruit, and the smoothest, lightest finish of any Cognac out there, Hennessy Pure White is prized by alcohol connoisseurs and other purveyors of luxury items.