Lobsters are often referred to as “Kings of seafood”, which make them the ideal appetizers for dinner and cocktail parties. The luxury seafood is rich in protein, low in fat, and pair amazingly well with many ingredients. The versatility of Lobster is one of its greatest benefits, alongside its healthy nutrients. This delicious and versatile meat can be prepared in the most elegant way and is low in fat and calories. Put simply, Lobster is the perfect cocktail party appetizer.
You can buy premium quality Lobster online so it’s easy to wow your guests with these special and unique appetizers.
Here is our selection of five simple yet exquisite Lobster appetizers for a truly great cocktail party:
1) Lobster Cups – a new spin on the Maine classic. A combination of light phyllo pastry, home-made mayonnaise, lime, and celery. This is sure to be a party favorite and will have guests coming back for more, so make sure to make plenty of this delicious appetizer.
Chop 2 cups of cooked Lobster meat and stir in a medium bowl with 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise. Combine with 2 tablespoons of finely diced celery, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, and 1 teaspoon of lemon zest.
Prepare 24 phyllo shells and fill each of them with one teaspoon of the Lobster mixture. Sprinkle it with cayenne pepper to spice it up and serve.
2) Lobster Bruschetta – a fresh twist to the everyday Italian appetizers with the added luxury from the King of the Seaworld.
Mix 1/2 cup of sliced red onion and 2 tablespoons of white balsamic vinegar in a ball and let it stand for 5 minutes. Steam, shell and cut the Lobster into bite-sized pieces. Add the vinegar mix to the Lobster.
Combine with 2 medium-sized tomatoes, cut into wedges, add 1/2 cup of chopped celery, 1 minced garlic clove, and 1 small minced shallot. Next, you add 2 tablespoons of Madeira, 3 torn leaves of basil, and a quarter cup of extra-virgin olive oil.
Toast 4 slices of sourdough bread and drizzle with olive oil. Gently place the Lobster mix on the bruschetta, and you’re ready to go!
3) Lobster in Martini glasses – a light appetizer that skips traditional dressings usually added to Lobster dishes. This is a stunning appetizer, and its glamour is sure to impress. The zesty taste will be a perfect match for an outdoor party.
Cut 2 Lobster tails in half (always lengthwise) and brush them with olive oil. Grill the tails for 5 minutes on each side. Once ready, remove them from the shells and cut them into small 2cm chunks and season with salt.
Prepare 4 Martini glasses lined with lettuce leaves. Place a quarter of an avocado in each glass. You may use your creativity here as to where you place them. Then place the Lobster pieces in the glasses strategically and top it with chopped tomato, cilantro, and small ear corn.
For the garnish, prepare 4 small wooden skewers and thread them with a lime wedge, olive, and a lemon wedge. And now your Lobster delight is ready to serve!
4) Bacon-wrapped Lobster – this may sound unusual, but we believe there is no better use of bacon than to wrap it around tender Lobster for easy to eat bites bursting with flavor.
Cook one pound of Lobster tail meat, remove it from the shells and chop into 18-20 large pieces.
Cut the green side of 3 scallions into small pieces and add them to each bite of Lobster. Take the bacon and wrap a piece of it around each one. Use a toothpick to secure it if needed.
Bake the bites in the oven for 6-7 minutes, turning once. When the bacon begins to crisp, remove them from the oven, drizzle with maple syrup and lemon and serve.
5) Lobster salad with Avocado, Apple, and Green Beans – add color to your party. It is a refreshing and protein-rich appetizers than you can serve in a variety of ways, including presenting it in classy Martini Glasses.
Cook the Lobster meat and cut it into bite-sized pieces, then cut 10 ounces of trimmed green beans into 1 cm pieces.
Core out the middle of 1 Grammy Smith apple and cut it into small cubes. Peel and chop one large avocado into small cubes and have a large bowl of ice water ready on the side.
Prepare a 5-liter pasta pot fitted with a colander and fill it with 3 liters of water. Bring the water to the boil and add the green beans and some coarse salt.
Blanch the green beans for 3-4 minutes until crisp. Remove the colander from the water and let the water drain from the beans.
Quickly cool the beans by plunging them at once into the bowl of ice water. Do not leave them for too long, or they will become soggy. Quickly wrap them in a kitchen towel to dry.
In another bowl, whisk 1 tablespoon of French mustard, 1 cup of Greek-style yoghurt, and salt. Add 1/4 cup of minced fresh chives, apple, avocado, and lobster. Toss it, mix it and you’re ready to serve.
Lobster makes every dish unique, with the power to impress even the most discerning guests. These show-stopping appetizers will have everyone hooked from the first bite!
We bet that lobsters will steal the spotlight at your cocktail party!