Women have always been using all kinds of methods of enhancing their personal charm, and alluring scents have been one of their best “weapons”. Long before nowadays sophisticated perfumes were developed, women knew where to find the finest and most enchanting scents: in nature. And this remained the best source of fragrances to this day.
Whether they have a floral, woody, fresh, oriental or fougère scent, the ingredients used in your favorite perfumes were all taken from flowers, woods, roots, raisins, fruits, leaves and even animals. Of course, there also are synthetic odors in the modern world, but guess what inspired people to create them! Yes, that same inexhaustible source of inspiration – nature.
The list of choices is mind-bogglingly long today. The combinations of top, middle and base notes are practically uncountable and it can be a real pain choosing the right perfume for you. Then there is another fact which makes things even more complicated: a woman should know that there are certain odors to wear in the evening and others to wear during the day. There are cold-season and warm-season perfumes, office and dinner perfumes, teenagers’ and adult women’s perfumes, and the list can go on.
So how do you know what’s good for you? First of all, get informed. Read and ask specialists about everything you want to know. Then, be yourself. Never do what “they say it’s right” if you feel that it is not right for you. And finally there is one more thing that helps a woman know if she has made the right choice: when the perfume that she wears makes men turn their heads to see where the enticing scent came from, there is no need for further confirmation.
If you need some advice on which are today’s best perfumes, here is a long, comprehensive list for you.
1. Miss Dior by Christian Dior
Elegance and confidence are both inspired by this modern fragrance from Christian Dior. Enchanting notes of gardenia, bergamot, galbanum, jasmine, rose, narcissus, patchouli, oak moss, sandalwood, and labdanum have been “captured” to create this unique fragrance.
2. Romance by Ralph Lauren
Launched in 1998 this amazing perfume is still among the most coveted, especially by women who feel the tickle of love making them smile. It is a perfume that evokes romance through its notes of velvety woods, musk and floral essences.
3. Blonde by Versace
Another romance perfume is Blonde by Versace. The flowery, luxurious fragrance was created in 1995 in honor of Donatella Versace, Gianni Versace’s sister. It contains feminine notes of violets, jasmine, geranium, ylang-ylang and roses.
4. Fendi Palazzo
5. Gucci by Gucci
6. Sarah Jessica Parker Covet Solid Perfume
7. Dior J’adore L’Absolu)
8. Prada By Prada
9. Obsession Night for Women by Calvin Klein
10. Lancome Tresor Elixir
11. Valentino Rock n’ Rose Couture
12. The One by Dolce and Gabbana
13. Marc Jacobs Daisy
14. Prada Tendre
15. Dior Addict
16. Envy Me by Gucci
17. Swiss Army by Swiss Army
18. Lovely for Women by Sara Jessica Parker
19. Beyonce Heat by Beyonce Knowles
20. Narciso Rodriguez for Her by Narciso Rodriguez
21. Women’s Davidoff Cool Water by Davidoff
22. Banana Republic Malachite
23. Missoni Acqua
24. Tresor for Women by Lancome
25. Elizabeth Taylor’s White Diamonds
26. A Scent Of Issey Miyake for Women by Issey Miyake
27. Light and Blue by D&G
28. Flora by Gucci Eau de Parfum
29. Fantasy by Britney Spears
30. Escada Magnetism for Women by Escada
31. Creme Bouquet by Stilla
32. Brit by Burberry
33. Calvin Klein Euphoria Crystalline Edition
34. Givenchy Very Irresistible Givenchy
35. Eternity Aqua for Women by Calvin Klein