Absolutely outrageous, the Blasto Bro Special is a hot rod that every car passionate should drive at least once in their lifetime! Built by Randy Grubb and Michael Leeds – also known as the Blastolene Brothers – the Special is a one-off massive, 21.5-foot hot rod like no other. It was created as a homage to the roadsters that dominated the Indy 500 and USAC racing in the ‘50s and early ‘60s.
Unlike the cars that inspired Leeds and Grub, this behemoth flaunts a huge 12-cylinder Continental military tank engine coupled with an Allison transmission. With 810 horsepower, the car has a maximum speed of 120 mph and can complete the 0-60 mph sprint in 7.7 seconds. The body is made of polished aluminum and most of the car is hand built from scratch.
- Claim to Fame: It’s a one-off.
- Soundtrack: The Incredible Hulk movie soundtrack.
- Ideal Passenger: A mechanic who knows his military tank engines.
- Where to Drive It: On the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
- How to Get Behind the Wheels: Try contacting the Blastolene Brothers at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Did You Know? Jay Leno bought the predecessor of this amazing car.