The global pandemic has wreaked havoc with economies around the world and many people are feeling very stressed, due to the lockdowns we keep experiencing. Spending a lot of time at home can cause issues for some, while others seem to take it in their stride, but if you are feeling under the weather and would like to create a soothing ambience in your home, here are some tips.
- Scented Candles – If you search online, you can find premium wax melts in NZ and they are ideal for creating a relaxing environment after a long day at the office. Great aromas such as lavender, sandalwood and, of course, beeswax, which is a natural way to purify the air.
- Soft Instrumental Music – Invest in a Bluetooth speaker and select some soothing and relaxing instrumental music, which should be played at low volume. Listening to peaceful music after a hard day at work is just the thing and for a few minutes, you can close your eyes and enjoy the moment.
- Lighting – Bright lighting is not conducive with calmness and serenity, rather a single dim table lamp would be more than ample to rest your eyes. Good curtains or blinds are essential when you want to relax during the day, to remove the glare and help your inner self to relax. It might be better Click here for tips on natural skincare, which we all need.
- De-Humidify the Air – If you have humidity at home, invest in a couple of small de-humidifiers, which will improve the quality of the air. While this might not be apparent, breathing in cleaner air will have a positive impact on your health and this is even more important during the lockdown, as you are spending all of your time at home.
- Essential Oils – There are many different types of essential oil, which needs to be mixed with a carrier oil if you intend putting it on your skin, while the scent of essential oil can also be inhaled, which is soothing and relaxing. These can be found at the online health & well-being store, where you can find a wide range of products designed to sooth and relax.
- Incense Sticks – There are some exotic fragrances that come in stick or cone form and burning incense when you get home from work will help to put you into a calm mood. Jasmine or sandalwood are great to get you into a relaxed mood and you can order incense online and have it delivered to your door.
- Noise Pollution – You might be lucky and live in a quiet cul-de-sac with nothing more that tweeting birds, but if you are near a railway line or a busy highway, double glazing is the solution. It is important to have some peace and quiet when trying to unwind after a hard day’s work. Here is some NZ government information about noise pollution and acceptable levels.
There are many ways that you can make your living space have a soothing and relaxing ambience and with online solutions, you can order what you need and it will be delivered to your door.