The quality of your sleep affects your mood and physical health in many ways. There are, however, several ways to improve your sleep like meditation, regular exercise, and sleeping on the right mattress. The good news is, there are already new types of beds like the gel memory foam mattress as an aid to getting quality sleep.
According to experts, buying the right mattress is very important to achieve comfort and quality during your sleep. Santa Monica UCLA Medical Center Associate Professor of Orthopedic Surgery and Neurosurgery, Arya Nick Shamie, says the right mattress should sufficiently support your body in a neutral position. This position allows your spine to achieve the proper curvature and support your heels, shoulders, head, and buttocks in appropriate alignment.
Tips when Purchasing a Mattress to Ensure It is the Right One
According to sleep expert Michael Breus, if you experience lower back pain when waking up and you can get rid of it by stretching for 15-30 minutes, your mattress is causing it. The good thing is, products like the gel memory foam mattress can be one of the solutions to your pain. Here are some suggestions to consider when buying a new bed:
- Make sure it is a bed you are comfortable with – Your comfort should be your top consideration when purchasing a mattress. Remember that acquiring the most expensive product is not a guarantee you will get quality sleep. You should consider several factors to find a bed you are comfortable with, like its size, firmness, and the type of materials used.
- Decide on your budget and look for a mattress that fits the bill – Determine the amount of money you are willing to pay for your bed. Find a mattress with the same price or even lower as your budget to avoid overspending. Do not worry! The cost of the product does not guarantee comfort.
- Try lying on the mattress for a few minutes before deciding whether to buy it or not – When shopping for a mattress, you should test-run the bed to determine if you are comfortable with it. If you have a bed mate, both of you should lie on the mattress at the same time to ensure it can accommodate you.
- Consider all available options – Do not rush yourself into buying a new mattress. You should spend time researching the type of product which suits you best. There are many types of mattresses already in the market, like air beds, innerspring mattresses, latex beds, and gel memory foam mattresses.
- Consider buying mattresses with more extended warranties – A manufacturer’s warranty shows the confidence of a producer to its product. It also signifies a company’s intention to satisfy and gain the loyalty of its customers. When buying a mattress, you should favor the one with more extended warranties.
- Buy products from reputable brands or vendors – Look for renowned brands with excellent customer support during your search. Among the services you should consider are their return policy, warranty, delivery options, and old mattress removal services.
You will be using your mattress for several years, so make sure to buy one you are most comfortable with. A cozy bed will help ensure you sleep well and are energized for tomorrow’s new adventures.