Did you buy the new Call of Duty: Black Ops video game? Well, if you did, you’re definitely not the only one! In the four moths that have passed since its release in November 2010, Activision Blizzard has sold 13.7 million copies in the States, according to sales tracking firm NPD Group. But knowing that NPD does not take into account Wal-Mart’s sales, we’re pretty sure that the real number is actually much higher. This makes Call of Duty: Black Ops the best-selling video game in the history of the United States.
Activision hasn’t released an official record of their sales yet, but the information that we have right now is enough to assure us that this is the best selling game ever launched in the country. In the first 24 hours after its release, Call of Duty: Black Ops made over $350 million, and four days later it reached $650 million. A month was enough for the game to make $1 billion.
Here is list of the best selling games of February:
1. Call of Duty: Black Ops (360, PS3, Wii, DS, PC) – Activision Blizzard
2. Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds (360, PS3) – Capcom
3. Just Dance 2 (Wii) – Ubisoft
4. NBA 2K11 (360, PS3, PSP, Wii, PS2, PC) – Take 2 Interactive
5. Dead Space 2 (360, PS3, PC) – Electronic Arts
6. Zumba Fitness: Join the Party (Wii, 360, PS3) – Majesco
7. Bulletstorm (360, PS3, PC) – Electronic Arts
8. Killzone 3 (PS3) – Sony
9. Michael Jackson The Experience (Wii, DS, PSP) – Ubisoft
10. Mario Sports Mix (Wii) – Nintendo