Did you know that it takes about 0.05 seconds for a customer to form an opinion about your brand? Branding is crucial when selling a product or service. After all, you’ll want to send a message of expertise, strength, or possibly confidence to entice customers to purchase your products.
But how do you create such a message? With this guide, you can find out! From researching to designing your logo, you can learn how to build your brand today.
Now, are you ready to get started? Here’s a quick look at a few tricks for building your own brand:
1. Research Your Competitors and Target Audience
One of the first things you should do is research. Before you blast social media with your newest product or service, take a step back and look at the current market. In other words, who are your current competitors and potential customers?
There are many ways to do this, but here are a few successful tricks:
- Google your service or product and analyze which competitors directly or indirectly come up first.
- Go shopping in-person or online and get a thorough understanding of how your customers would peruse and purchase products.
- Talk to people in your target audience and ask them who are the brands they buy and why.
When you do your research, take note of:
- Customers who are easily influenced– They’ll be easy to sell too.
- Which brands are most known– These brands are well established.
- What customers talk about– What interests do they have? Do they have any concerns or suggestions on how to improve the product or service?
2. Choose a Name
Choosing a business name can be a difficult commitment to make. After all, the name will influence your logo design, slogan, your domain, and even your marketing.
Preferably, you’ll want a store name that’s difficult to copy and also hard to confuse with other competitors in the market. Thankfully there are a variety of ways to create a business name; for example, you can:
- Make Up an Imaginary Word: Fanta
- Use an Unrelated Word: Apple
- Use An Acronym: The TLC Network (The Learning Channel)
- Use a Combination of Two Words: Instagram (instant camera + telegram)
3. Design a Logo
Designing your company logo is what you probably first think of when building a brand. After all, it’s the face of the company. Thus, it should look unique, recognizable, and certainly scalable to fit all sizes of photo requirements.
You can create an abstract design, an emblem logo, or a combination of a wordmark with an icon. These logo designs are remarkably successful. After all, Google Chrome, Starbucks, and even McDonald’s are using one of these designs today.
Since these styles allow you to express your brand’s creativity while keeping your brand’s style, it’s a safe choice for small businesses. If you need help, check out this portrait illustrator.
Build Your Brand Today
Building a brand can be a difficult task. However, if you do thorough research about not only your competitors but your potential customers, you’ll understand how to differentiate yourself in the current market.
From there, you can choose your business name and even design your logo to start establishing your brand. Just remember to make it unique and make your brand’s style recognizable. Whether it’s colors, patterns, words, or phrases, make your brand something people will remember.
Now, for more information about how to build your brand, visit our website today. We look forward to helping you!