Successfully combining the elegance of a sedan with the practicality of a Touring vehicle, the new BMW 3-Series Gran Turismo will definitely make an impression at the upcoming 2013 Geneva Motor Show in March. We know it did make a huge impression on us!
Resembling the 5-series, but still keeping its own individuality, the car features frameless windows, a prominent iconic BMW grille, a sloping roofline, and a large rear door with active spoiler which automatically deploys when the car reaches 68 mph, and then retracts at 43 mph. Interested customers will have the possibility to choose between three different styling options: Luxury Line, Modern Line, and Sport Line. The new 3-Series Gran Tursimo is ready to respond to your personal style with a perfectly matching one!
Other noteworthy features are the luxurious interior with additional rear seat legroom (70 extra mm, or approximately 2.7 in), raised seating positions, and a huge 520 liter trunk. For even more luggage space, the rear seats can be folded, thus obtaining a total of 1,600 liters of space. Customers can also get the M-sport package, which will add a little more appeal to the vehicle, in the form of 18-inch wheels, shadow line trim, a sports suspensions, and some key aerodynamics improvements.
While the transmission is only available in two versions – 6-speed manual or 8-speed automatic – the motorization options are quite various and impressive. Here is a list of available choices:
- A 2.0-l TwinPower Turbo 4-cylinder diesel with 143 HP and 320 Nm of torque
- A 2.0-l TwinPower Turbo 4-cylinder diesel with 184 HP and 380 Nm of torque
- A 2.0-l TwinPower Turbo 4-cylinder with 184 HP and 270 Nm of torque
- A 2.0-l TwinPower Turbo 4-cylinder with 245 HP and 350 Nm of torque
- A 3.0-l TwinPower Turbo inline-six cylinder with 306 HP and 400 Nm of torque